Saturday, January 14, 2012

You Know, Just an Easter Post.

From April 24, 2011

So this morning, this rabbit comes up to me with a basket full of eggs.  Where he got these eggs, I don’t know (raiding innocent birds’ nests, no doubt).  How this small creature is carrying a basket of eggs…not sure.  There were a lot of questions here that didn’t get answered.

So this rabbit offers me an egg.  Which is kind of just as sketchy as a random man in a back alley trying to offer me a pouch of unidentifiable substance.  So I look at the bunny and go, “No thank you.  I’ve already been given the most amazing gift ever - I don’t need your eggs.”

I mean, I like eggs as much as anyone, but this day is not about eggs.  It’s about the ultimate sacrifice bred out of the most powerful love for the salvation of every single one of our souls.  Jesus Christ didn’t come forth bearing eggs.  No, He came forth with Himself - died for me so I wouldn’t have to, then defeated death and sin forever by rising to life again.  No one else has ever died, rose again and then stayed alive.  By rising again, Jesus dealt the final blow against sin.  He made it so that we no longer have to be held bondage by its grasps.  And now we get to live forever with Him, simply if we believe.

I don’t deserve it.  None of us do.  But He did it for us anyway.  And I can literally say I’m eternally grateful.  So you know, I think when we say “Happy Easter”, we gotta really dwell on what makes Easter so happy.  It’s not hard-boiled eggs that will go rotten and useless in a week if we don’t eat them.  It’s not about a creepy, personified rabbit - and really, rabbits are mammals: what are they doing with all those eggs?!  Easter is about the most wonderful, incomparable act of love that was committed around 2000 years ago.

Completely innocent, Jesus died our sins when we should’ve had to die for our own sins.  He died for us when most of the time, we don’t give Him nearly the love, attention, and devotion He deserves.  He died for people who completely disregard Him, who blatantly blasphemy His name.  Because whether we’re devoted to sainthood or ignore Him, He still loves us more than anyone could ever imagining loving another.

Now what rabbit with strange eggs do you know is gonna do that for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment