Saturday, January 14, 2012

Oh, How He Loves

From November 28, 2011

So this is the second time this has happened to me.

But today at church after the sermon, the worship band was doing all of my favorite songs.  First “From the Inside Out”, which is my absolute favorite and literally changed my life three year ago.  Then “Be My Everything”, which the words of have struck me since I was a freshman in college when I heard it for the first time.

After that, the worship leader began to pray, and I started thinking about “Oh How He Loves” because I hadn’t sung that one in awhile, and it’s also one of my favorites (the second chorus when it gets so much more intense and just hearing everyone singing those simple, but so powerful and true lyrics altogether “Oh, He loves us” - it gets me every time, man).  I started singing it to myself, well in my head, as the worship leader is finishing his prayer.

Then a second later, the lyrics of the next song we’re singing comes on screen:

“He is jealous for me.”

The opening line of “Oh How He Loves”, by the way.  And I love when that happens.   I was just thinking of that song to the point that lyrics were in my head, not at all having a clue that we were about to sing it!  It’s like God is like, “I’ma do a little something special for you.”  And it’s doubly meaningful because obviously He does these things because He loves me, and then it’s regarding a song about how He loves us.  It’s awesome.

Anyway, I love God.  So much.  Just wanted to share.

And oh, here’s the post I wrote back when this happened to me in June 2010: http://channyt.tumblr.com/post/744139073/oh-how-he-loves-us

No comments:

Post a Comment