Saturday, January 14, 2012

Trust the Lord.

From March 24, 2008

Ecclesiastes 11:1
"Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again."

I honestly had no idea what that meant. Fortunately, my pre-teen oriented Bible that I've had for nearly four years but won't part with because I have too many things underlined (I'll get a new one once I've read through this one completely), offers guidance in regards to puzzling phrases like this.

It's just Bible time slang. To cast your bread upon the waters meant to "be adventurous and risk everything you had". Well, it still means that, but most people don't use that sort of terminology these days.

So what that verse is getting at, according to this little blurb, is that "God would honor that risk and take care of all your needs, including your food." I'm assuming the food bit was thrown in there because of the "bread", but beyond the point.

I smiled widely after I read that verse. I love these little reminders thrown in that I come across, reassuring me that I'm doing the right thing.

Then scanning through Proverbs a bit later on:

Proverbs 16:3
"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

I mean, it makes sense. He really is looking out for us. So why are we so content with whatever and same ol'? Why do we stop ourselves from doing something REAL, something for others, something for God because we supposedly don't have the resources? Don't you know that your God will take care of every single one of your needs if you live your life righteously?

It's more of a reminder to myself than anything. And a justification.

I really need to do something more than this in my life because my dissatisfaction is forever surmounting.

However, I'm joyful and happy, which is a grand feeling. I found myself practically skipping down the streets of New York this evening, full and genuine smile plastered on my face. And I used to question such feelings - try to figure out what could possibly be the cause of it - but I have since abandoned those efforts. It's God, and I am quite fine leaving it at that.

For everything, I am quite fine leaving it at that.

But if you think I can surrender myself to monotony, wasted potential, and general discontent for who knows how long, then you are dreadfully mistaken. It's common knowledge that the longer you tolerate an annoyance, the harder it is to eventually escape it. So pretty much, it's now or never.

I've been spouting this risk-taking, do what YOU feel regardless of society or anyone else, just go for it, live life to it's fullest potential philosophies for as long as I've had the ability to use higher-end thinking. It's about time I actually lived it.

And know that I can risk it all, but as long as my intentions are good and my heart is set on God, then I will come out the winner in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment