Saturday, January 14, 2012

Man, God is so Good!

From July 22, 2011

I love that moment when a specific issue arises in my life that’s starting to bug me and a little later, I do my quiet time for the day, and the verses in the not just one, but at least two of the devotionals I read speak exactly to the issue I’m dealing with.  Not even a case of, “Oh, this sort of applies if I interpret it in this way”, but absolutely the exact verses I needed to read in such a moment that speak directly to what I’m experiencing.

Not just to verses, but the accompanying words from the devotional too were just perfect for my situation.  I was reading them just like, “Yes!  Yes yes yes, thank you, I need this!  I needed to read this so much!”

That’s not coincidence.  That is totally God speaking to me through His word and His servants.  He knows what I’m going through, knows what I need to hear, and speaks out His encouragement to me.  And that’s absolutely amazing.  There really is no greater love.  I am so blessed.  We all are, really.  We just have to seek Him out, and He’ll give us exactly what we need.

And those words He brought to me today - I really really needed them in this moment.  So thank you, Lord!

Hebrews 6:10-12 and Isaiah 26:2-4 were the verses, if you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment