Saturday, January 14, 2012

Last One For Awhile, I Swear

From May 23, 2010


I probably won’t have this one feed through to my facebook, because I’ve already clogged that up enough.  It’s just my dear followers on twitter and on here that get to see this pop up.  Or people who are really really quick on facebook haha

But I wanted to update my facebook status, and finally settled on putting the verse about praying without ceasing.  But the way my brain works is that I never remember details.  I know the verses, but I never know where they’re found.  So I googled “pray without ceasing.”

Turns out the exact verse is 1 Thessalonians 5:17.  But the only words in that verse are literally “pray without ceasing” - there’s no context, so I looked up the entire chapter.

Two crazy things about this.  First, this is the exact group of verse that the youth pastor at the church I went to with Beth was talking about on Wednesday.  Very interesting coincidence, except that I don’t believe in coincidence - I believe in GOD.

Secondly, as I was reading through the entire chapter, the word that jumps out at me is “drunk.”  Funny, because as you may know, the tumblr entry I just wrote was about alcohol.  As I read further, though, I realize that that part of the chapter EXACTLY goes with the “theme of the week”, as noted in my very first tumblr post of today.  Verse 5-10, especially - it compliments perfectly the verse about the narrow versus wide path that I’ve been coming back to all week.

All in all, God is amazing in the way He has been connecting things together in my life recently.  Like, that is all God.  All God.  He’s definitely telling me a whole lot of something here.  And I love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment