Saturday, January 14, 2012

Time Spent With God

From August 19, 2011

It really is disconcerting, the amount of time I spent with God.  ‘Cause even if I spend an hour on quiet time, there’s still 23 other hours in the day.

Granted, just having a Godly mindset in all things all throughout the day does certainly count for something. Seeing Him in all that happen, praying throughout the day, keeping Him on my mind and allowing my faith to affect my actions and speech - I do that, for sure.  I am often conscious of Him.

But when I think of the time I consciously spend with Jesus, and the time I consciously spend on everything else - there is certainly an imbalance.  And there should be an imbalance, but often times the scale’s tilted in the wrong direction.

I’m just been compelled to really make sure I set aside more time where it’s all about Jesus.  More than just reading the Word and praying when I wake up and then that’s it for the rest of the day until I pray before bed - but more moments throughout the day where I just stop everything else and consciously spend time just with the Lord.

I just took some time now after my shower to do that, and it’s just amazing how simply refreshing it was.  It’s something I really need to do more of instead of wasting time on facebook or tumblr.  Just spending time with my Father, Provider, and Best Friend.

Because thinking about it, I hang out with my earthly best friend around 5 times a week, for 2-3 hours at a time.  And of course, since we’re both believers, Jesus is definitely in our midst, so it is like we’re spending time with Him as well, but it does certainly put things in perspective.

I guess there’s more to it than at a glance.  But I just know Jesus is the most important thing in my life, so I have to act like it and thus delegate my time, attention, and focus appropriately.

Gosh, I love Him…

No comments:

Post a Comment