Saturday, January 14, 2012

Luke 2:10-11

From December 24, 2010


“Fear not! For, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be unto all people. For unto you is born this day, in the city of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.” 


Feeling more joy from that single passage than any amount of lights, cookies, or repeated playings of “Last Christmas” ever could provide. Beyond all the gaudiness and materialism this season has come to embody, there is simply a Child in a manger.  That’s just not the true meaning of Christmas, but the only meaning of Christmas.  No doubt that God loves to see His children being cheerful and enjoying each others’ company at this time of year, but let us not forget what we are called for and what this time of year truly is supposed to represent - love and selflessness (which go hand and hand).  The greatest sacrifice which begot the greatest gift started with a pregnant virgin and a Baby born in the humblest of settings - the blameless Son of God, given so that He could die for all of our mistakes.


So who cares what’s under the tree tomorrow, because my life has been saved! What more do I need?  I just wanna share the love and teachings of my Savior the best I can.  He gave me this wonderful gift - not just for Christmas, but for my entire life and beyond it.  I should spend this season for Him.


Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment