Saturday, January 14, 2012

We're All So So Caught Up With the World's Perspective...

From February 18, 2011

We’re all so so caught up with the world’s perspective on things…

I feel like we rarely consider God’s perspective.  Especially of ourselves.  In the view of the world, there’s always something we have to strive for - better body, another degree, more, money, a man.  But with God, all we have to strive for is Him.  And going after Him brings forth a greater reward than anything this world can give us.

Matthew 6:33


But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you.

What spawned that thought, though, was specifically in regards to our image.  We’re never quite there spiritually (thankfully God loves us anyway), but physically, God sees us and thinks we’re perfect as we are.  And it’s true.

And I might keep my mouth shut when someone calls a person “ugly”, but I really shouldn’t, because I think that’s the most horrible thing.  So many people struggle with deep self-esteem issues because they can’t see how beautiful they really are and it’s this perception of “beauty vs ugly” that we willingly perpetuate that contributes to that to an extent.  No one is ugly.  I can honestly say that.  And who are we to call one of God’s precious creations that?

I’ve had this experience a few times that was absolutely amazing where God allowed me to see people exactly as He sees them.  And as my eyes scanned the room, I truly found every person I laid my eyes on as absolutely beautiful.  And to know that’s how God sees everyone all the time - it was both unbelievable and convicting.

That’s how I need to see people all the time.  That’s how we all need to.  How can we embody the love of Christ we claim to follow if we’re shooting others down with judgments on their physicality, of all things?

Anyway, just some thoughts this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment