Saturday, January 14, 2012

Oh, how He Loves Us.

From June 28, 2010

Our God is so good.  The best thing happened today.

But it starts on Thursday, when at the Bible study I attend, we sang the worship song -  “Oh, How He Loves Us.”  I like that song.  It was nice.

The next day, one of my friend’s (who was not at the Bible study) had the lyrics to the song as his facebook status.  I commented on it.

On Saturday, the song came up while I was talking to Beth on the phone.

So that song’s been on my mind.  So today at church during worship, I was thinking how I really wanted to sing that song.  This was in the middle of upbeat, gospel style music, and though Times Square Church does slow it down some at the end of the “set”, I couldn’t remember if we’d ever even sang that song at that church before when I’d been there, and it’s a completely different style of song than we were singing, so I just figured we wouldn’t sing it.  Still, I prayed that we would.

Worship continues.  I’ve moved on in my head, forgotten about my small prayer.  As anticipated, the songs we’re singing start getting slower.  Then all of a sudden, the lead woman is singing, “He is jealous for Me…”

I about freaked (in a good way).  I don’t believe in coincidences - that was totally God, answering my prayer.  And it seems small, but it just confirmed what I was singing - He loves us.  So so much.  It was just so awesome that we sang that song in church this week.  Not last week or the week before, but this week, when I really wanted to sing it.

And oh, it gets better.

So that’s the last song we sing, and one of the pastors gets up to transition.  Now during my Bible study earlier today, before church, I came across a few verses in 2 Thessalonians about how God has chosen us for salvation, how we were called, etc.  So I wrote about how I really am so blessed to have been called to this, but also lamented over those not fortune enough.  How I truly desired that everyone could experience this, that everyone could be saved.

Well, when the pastor was talking, the first thing he says is to the extent of “how privileged we are to be able to sing ‘Oh, how He loves us’ and know that, but there are so many people who do not know this.”  And I was like “Bam! That is EXACTLY what I was mulling over earlier.”  I just love it when God reiterates things when you’re not expecting it.

So lesson of the day.  He loves us.  We’re blessed to be able to experience it.  But now we need to go and share it so that everyone else can experience it, too.

Dang, I love my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment