Saturday, January 14, 2012

Here's a Cool Little Story.

From July 22, 2011

Well, at least I think it is.

So for about a week and a half every mont, I get so irritable.  Why?  PMS - what else can be said about that?  People just annoy me so badly.  Though I don’t take it out on them and I think I hide it pretty well (except on my family - oops! ha), I just feel so disgruntled for no reason.  And I hate that.  I hate not having patience, not wanting to be around people, and feeling annoyed at every little thing.

On the plus (?) side, at least I know immediately when I’m about to start my period.  Because I’m a generally laid back, upbeat, happy person, so when I feel that dark cloud infiltrating my mood, I know it’s hormones.

So it generally gets me down every month - definitely has gotten worse in the past year for whatever reason.  And it’s not just with people.  I get more easily discouraged, feel bummed about my life even if it’s pretty good - just dumb stuff.  If you read through my journals during a time I’m consistently writing in them, you can tell when I’m PMSing - it’s kind of funny.

Well I was feeling that way back at the end of June (crap, I’m at the end of July now - things are about to get messy soon) and decided that I was tired of it.  I briefly browsed for some Pamprin at Food Lion because apparently that helps with irritability, but then I realized that the answer to my period mood problems had been right there this whole time.  The same thing that’s the answer to everything: God.

I don’t know why in all these period-plagued years I never thought to pray over this (though I’d definitely call out to God many times during the cramping portion of my period - scream out is actually more of an accurate term), but back in June, I simply asked him to help me out with those permeating bad moods I was going through.

And it worked!  It was such a small, but meaningful testimony to see how God combated my hormones so that I could actually feel like a non-disgruntled happy person during that week or so before the blood struck.  I had to pray continually throughout that time period, of course, but every time I felt that bad mood crawling back, I just prayed and I felt a lot better about life and people.

So just wanted to share that.  We always talk about how there’s nothing too big for God to handle, but there’s nothing too small either.  And I know often times I just don’t think to go to God with seemingly “menial” issues in my life, but He cares about those, too.  He wants us to bring everything forth to Him, so I’d just encourage everyone to truly lay it all at His feet.  Even i it’s something as simple as sour PMS mood doldrums.

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment